remote access of linkstation

  • Sasha
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2004
      I've got LinkStation HD-H250LAN a few days ago. I'd like to use it as
      a web server. I upgraded to the 1.44 firmware and changed root
      password as was described in the first message in this group. It is
      really cool. Now I have a completely customizible linux system in a
      little silent
      box.

      I can ftp, telnet, and http to LinkStation perfectly on LAN, but for
      some reason I cannot access the LinkStation from a remote system.
      Remote ftp worked on firmware 1.43 before the upgrade. Did anybody
      else run into this problem. Can anybody explain how to fix it?

      Another question: What is the easiest way to install ssh?
      Can I use Fedora or YellowDog binaries?