Re: Linkstation Wake on Lan (WOL)

  • irvine_stock
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2004
      Philippe,
      The Linkstation has an ADMtek AN983 alright which probably could
      wake on LAN. However when the Linkstation is sleeping or shutdown
      it kills the ethernet link. As such it would be impossible for the
      magic packet to get to the ethernet controller. I know when my PC
      is in standby it can use WOL but the Ethernet link is still up and
      shows packet traffic.
      I would suggest either it was not implimented or not enabled.
      There are a lot of undocumented things in the firmware using the
      ATMEL processor we don't know about yet. Perhaps its still there
      someplace!
      Sorry

      Rich
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "chano22000"