Re: I was given a spare HD-H160LAN for my students. No root password???

  • musikgoat
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2006
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "eeffqw" <hold3@...> wrote:

      > Is there a backdoor or other method for me to use?

      There is a reset button on the back that will reset the unit to
      factory defaults, not touching the data on the unit.
      Hold in that init button for 10 seconds or so.

      There is software that can be used, but is not necessary due to the
      fact that its controlled by a web interface.

      So after reset, check dhcp client list if you have one, or download
      the client utility from www.buffalotech.com

      I have noticed that this util works much better than the one on the
      model's page, its made for the tera but works on linkstations, so try
      this one:
      http://www.buffalotech.com/downloads/TsClient.zip