what do diagnostic lights mean?

  • Phil
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 21, 2006
      hi Guys
      I'm new here and maybe this has been dealt with before but nothing
      came up in a search.
      I have a linkstation HDLan and the diagnostic light is flashing. what
      does this mean and what do I do?
      Why don't they put something in the manual or on the website about this?

      thanks for your help
      Phil
    • lalunas10
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 21, 2006
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Phil" <wot2512@...> wrote:

        > hi Guys
        > I'm new here and maybe this has been dealt with before but nothing
        > came up in a search.
        > I have a linkstation HDLan and the diagnostic light is flashing. what
        > does this mean and what do I do?
        > Why don't they put something in the manual or on the website about this?

        Hi Phil,

        find out what LS you have

        http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=LS_Hardware_and_Software_information

        then find out what the blinks mean

        http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Category:FAQ#My_LinkStation_LED.28s.
        29_blinks_X_times_and_then_powers_down._What_do_the_blinks_mean.3F

        -Andre
      • Phil
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 22, 2006
          thanks for all your help everyone who has replied.
          I have 6 flashes which means "hard drive cannot be recognised"
          in the files section James has posted a how to guide for when this happens but if I follow it will I lose my data or will it restore it? does anybody know?
          thanks
          Phil

          At 06:57 22/08/2006, you wrote:

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Phil" <wot2512@...> wrote:

          > hi Guys
          > I'm new here and maybe this has been dealt with before but nothing
          > came up in a search.
          > I have a linkstation HDLan and the diagnostic light is flashing. what
          > does this mean and what do I do?
          > Why don't they put something in the manual or on the website about this?

          Hi Phil,

          find out what LS you have

          http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=LS_Hardware_and_Software_information

          then find out what the blinks mean

          http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Category:FAQ#My_LinkStation_LED.28s.
          29_blinks_X_times_and_then_powers_down._What_do_the_blinks_mean.3F

          -Andre

        • 黃國榮
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 22, 2006
            See

            have a nice day. ERIC

            Phil <wot2512@...> 說:
            hi Guys
            I'm new here and maybe this has been dealt with before but nothing
            came up in a search.
            I have a linkstation HDLan and the diagnostic light is flashing. what
            does this mean and what do I do?
            Why don't they put something in the manual or on the website about this?

            thanks for your help
            Phil

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/