Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: LinkStation USB direct to PC

  • Anthony Migliore
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 7, 2006
      Even if you did get the physical connection between a PC and the
      linkstation to work (over USB), there is still the problem that the
      linkstation and your PC (assume XP) use different file systems. The
      samba program (running on the Linkstation) takes care of the file system
      differences over the ethernet port [it makes the linkstation EXT3
      filesystem look like NTFS], but I don't think samba works over USB. So,
      you will still need additional software, either for the PC to read/write
      an EXT3 file system, or for the Linkstation to read/write NTFS (assume XP).

      //Mig