Newbie Question -- Linkstation Music Server

  • cc965
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2006
      I just purchased a (MIPS) Linkstation 250GB NAS. I want to convert it
      to a standalone music server -- i don't want to have to keep a
      computer running.

      I am not a computer novice, but I know nothing about Linux.

      Is there a place that has a step by step instruction to do this --
      from flashing the openlink firmware to installing the mt-daapd
      software on the linkstation?

      It would be great if that existed somewhere -- i have looked all over
      and pieces are here and there. Including the necessary command line
      commands for linux would be great.

      Any suggestions?

      Thanks.

      Clyde
    • vbulldog237
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2006
        You can goto http://linkstationwiki.net . There are tons of great
        articles on how do setup your linksation as a meadia server , web
        server ...etc . The articles are pritty straight forward. You should
        have some basic linux knowlage before you start messing with you nas

        Razor237