Re: Problem installng SlimServer on Linkstation II

  • mkagoston
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26, 2006
      Anybody? I'm really stuck here. I tried changing the first line of
      slimserver.pl to

      #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w

      which is where perl5.8.5 is but that did not help.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "mkagoston"
      <mkagoston@...> wrote:

      > I recently bought a Linkstation II and wanted to install the
      Slimserver
      > software on it. I followed the instructions in the wiki, got root
      > access, installed the openlink software, and slimserver 6.2.2.
      When I
      > tried to run slimserver I got the known "SQLite, etc. modules
      failed to
      > load" error and could not get slimserver to run. Then I read about
      > potential problems with Perl5.8.7, so I installed Perl5.8.5 and
      > reinstalled slimserver. Trying to run slimserver now gives me
      errors on
      > the first few lines of the slimserver.pl file:
      >
      > require 5.006.000;
      > use strict;
      > use warning;
      > ..
      > package PerlSvc;
      >
      > It says that these commands are not found. Help.
      > Any suggestions?
      > Thanks.

    • mkagoston
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 27, 2006
        To clarify: I have the MIPS Linkstation. I don't know if that is
        called a Linkstation II.