Re: Linkstation mipsel 2 and VLC ???? streaming can help ???

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2006
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "mikewolfmikel"
      <mikewolf@...> wrote:

      >... will make of the linkstation an VLC streaming server ???

      Don't expect it to do any real-time trans-coding. It doesn't have
      enough power for this. I could not even get it to stream audio-only
      very well (using "streamripper"). Some people might had slightly
      better success with slimserver.

      Yesterday I attempted to get the TiVo media server "Galleon" running
      on it using IBM's Java VM. It was un-useably slow and finally used
      up all my virtual memory anyway (memory leak?).