Re: Looking to buy a broken Linkstation with a working (internal) PSU

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 25, 2006
      What happened to your PS? If you can't get another PS to swap in,
      you might consider getting yours repaired. There are not many parts
      to it and most are commonly available. The PS will
      run "Stand-alone" and even has a place where you can solder in an
      LED that will tell you when it is working. A technician could
      probably "shotgun-replace" a half a dozen inexpensive components in
      it and get it working again.

      I blew out mine once by dragging it against the bottom of the metal
      mounting plate. It seems the big electrolytic capacitor holds a
      charge after the power is removed. It blew out a tiny zener diode
      that was almost hidden near the transformer.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Frederik Kunz
      <frederik.kunz@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm looking for someone who wants to sell me his broken
      Linkstation 1,
      > 2, HG or Kuro Box. I'm not interested in the drive, just the PSU
      > actually. So if you have a bricked box that still has a working
      PSU and
      > live somewhere in Europe, please contact me at
      >
      > frederik dot kunz at arcor de
      >
      > I'll make you a fair price.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Frederik

    • cherrytreeproduction
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2006
        if you do not want to repair it or let someone else do it:

        http://www.kurobox.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1037

        the psu should be useable with the LS as the kuro is the same box as
        the LS....just the developer edition....

        maybe you have luck and they did not order them.

        mindbender
        www.linkstationwiki.net