Network connect failing

  • bobobob_042
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2006
      First off, I'm playing with a copy of Windows Vista Beta 2, so this is
      quite likely M$'s problem, but I'm hoping someone here has some
      insight (and possibly a solution).

      Anyway, when I try to map my HD-H160LAN's shared folder to a network
      drive, I get:

      System error 86 has occurred.
      The specified network password is not correct.

      I can access the share from Vista via FTP, and the Web interface works
      just fine. I can also map the share from the same PC when booted into
      XP, as well as from all my other PCs running various flavors of
      Windows from 98SE through XP.

      The Linkstation DOES appear as a network device from within Vista in
      the Windows Explorer, so Vista IS seeing it. Firewall on or off,
      doesn't matter, I still can't map the share (NET USE doesn't work
      either). Does anyone have any idea what the problem with Vista is
      (other than it being an unfinished, buggy piece of ****)? :-)

      TIA