Linkstation mipsel 2 and VLC ???? streaming can help ???

  • mikewolfmikel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 23, 2006
      hello !!

      can any "freak" me help ????

      i ve had an linkstaion 250gb mibsel with open link 0.52 and 3 Dbox2 an
      now i
      will make of the linkstation an VLC streaming server ???

      can i make that ????, had everyone an tipp or an faq or anseres about
      this
      ??
      i would to see an avi or wmv or mp file with vlc on dbox from file from
      the
      linkstation !

      thanks !! mike

      sorry about that worry english i`m from austria
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 25, 2006
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "mikewolfmikel"
        <mikewolf@...> wrote:

        >... will make of the linkstation an VLC streaming server ???

        Don't expect it to do any real-time trans-coding. It doesn't have
        enough power for this. I could not even get it to stream audio-only
        very well (using "streamripper"). Some people might had slightly
        better success with slimserver.

        Yesterday I attempted to get the TiVo media server "Galleon" running
        on it using IBM's Java VM. It was un-useably slow and finally used
        up all my virtual memory anyway (memory leak?).