Looking to buy a broken Linkstation with a working (internal) PSU

  • Frederik Kunz
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 23, 2006

      I'm looking for someone who wants to sell me his broken Linkstation 1,
      2, HG or Kuro Box. I'm not interested in the drive, just the PSU
      actually. So if you have a bricked box that still has a working PSU and
      live somewhere in Europe, please contact me at

      frederik dot kunz at arcor de

      I'll make you a fair price.

      Regards,

      Frederik
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 25, 2006
        What happened to your PS? If you can't get another PS to swap in,
        you might consider getting yours repaired. There are not many parts
        to it and most are commonly available. The PS will
        run "Stand-alone" and even has a place where you can solder in an
        LED that will tell you when it is working. A technician could
        probably "shotgun-replace" a half a dozen inexpensive components in
        it and get it working again.

        I blew out mine once by dragging it against the bottom of the metal
        mounting plate. It seems the big electrolytic capacitor holds a
        charge after the power is removed. It blew out a tiny zener diode
        that was almost hidden near the transformer.

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Frederik Kunz
        <frederik.kunz@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm looking for someone who wants to sell me his broken
        Linkstation 1,
        > 2, HG or Kuro Box. I'm not interested in the drive, just the PSU
        > actually. So if you have a bricked box that still has a working
        PSU and
        > live somewhere in Europe, please contact me at
        >
        > frederik dot kunz at arcor de
        >
        > I'll make you a fair price.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Frederik

      • cherrytreeproduction
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 31, 2006
          if you do not want to repair it or let someone else do it:

          http://www.kurobox.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1037

          the psu should be useable with the LS as the kuro is the same box as
          the LS....just the developer edition....

          maybe you have luck and they did not order them.

          mindbender
          www.linkstationwiki.net