Re: What to do with Linkstation (120gb)?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19, 2006
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Hodgson"
      <andrew@...> wrote:

      > I have a Linkstation which is an v1 model (purchased mid 2004,
      > 120gb).

      > I also was wondering how far the Linux development had come on,
      > specificly, I wanted to install an MTA and put a mailing list
      > server (Mailman) on the box?

      Just install "Freelink" (PPC version)
      (http://www.linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Projects/FreeLink),
      which is a mostly pure Debian Linux, then do an:

      apt-get update
      apt-get install mailman

      Then configure it to your heart's content.

      I've never run mailman myself, but I did have an MTA running on my
      LS for awhile (it still is running, kind-of). It should all work
      just fine for you.

      You'll have to design your own backup system however, perhaps just
      a "cron" task running "tar" or "zip" over a samba share? or you
      could push it through a share from your windows machine if you like.