"rdoOS Check Error"

  • hoodooguru
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2006
      Question: After restarting my Linskstation HD-HG400LAN, I couldn't find my
      shared folders on my network nor could I access it via browser. I used the
      Easysetup CD to successfully find the Linkstation on the networ, and was
      able to access the Linkstation's Link Navigator via a web browser. The first
      time following the disappearance of my shared folders from the network, I
      navigated to "Shared Folder Setup" and could see my list of shared folders
      (by the way, none of them have ever had any access restrictions). However,
      when I tried to edit one of the shared folders (to enable a recycle bin),
      the list of shared folders was replaced with one shared folder named "Binary
      file /etc/melco/shareinfo matche" with an access restriction and a shared
      folder description of "777". Any attempts to edit this folder result in the
      error: "ad-setup-share-edit.pl---rdoOS Check Error"

      From what I can see, the percentage of the disk space used (30.08%)
      indicates my data is still on the Linkstation, however, I cannot access it.
      I shutdown the Linkstation and restarted it, and now I see 5 shared folders
      in the "Shared Folder Setup" screen, all with an access restriction and a
      "777" description and names as follows (without quotes):
      "Binary file /etc/melco/shareinfo matche"
      "1"
      "0"
      "0"
      "0"

      None of these names are the same as what I had previously. As before, any
      attempt to edit these mysterious new shared folders results in the
      "ad-setup-share-edit.pl---rdoOS Check Error." Since discovering the odd
      behavior, I've flashed the firmware to the latest version, 1.42.

      Any ideas what to do next to recover my data and /or get the Linkstation
      back to where it was before?

      Sent from the Buffalo LinkStation forum at Nabble.com.