Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: Mount TeraStation to LinkStation

  • Brian Waite
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 26, 2006
      On Saturday 24 June 2006 5:13 pm, - wrote:
      > Although put politely bill your comments are without merit.
      >
      > In fact that was MY point from my statements to wit -
      >
      > Bufallo advertises their product as having NFS - yet it does not.

      Where do you get the advertised NFS support? Looking at the datasheets for TS
      and TS Pro, I see the following protocols: TCP/IP, SMB,FTP, UPS. I don't know
      where you got NFS but if you get your purchasing info from developer
      websites, be prepared to do leg work to get there.

      Refernces:
      http://buffalotech.com/documents/pdf/TeraStation-Pro_DS.pdf
      http://buffalotech.com/products/product-detail.php?productid=133&categoryid=25
      > Additionally your viewpoint that when you add additional modules
      > creating load on the embeded unit causes performance degradation on
      > the surface makes sense - the ability to calibrate to a 1GB link is
      > pointless if the throughput does not take advantage of it.
      >
      > It would be like building a tank with a single horse power engine -
      > it is still a tank - but a paper weight tank.
      >
      > Unfortunately although your statements a valid - that does not make
      > them applicable nor of merit to the actual condition(s).
      >
      > The most amusing part of this is - the LinkStation which was the
      > reason I needed NFS - has the NFS client installed.

      I think you amde an assumption about the TS that is proven untrue.