Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: u-boot status

  • Guennadi Liakhovetski
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 24, 2006
      jacques,

      to your jtag problem: on bdi2000 you can configure when to assert reset,
      whether to let the board run or halt immediately... don't remember
      exactly, has been long since. Could anything there help you? I think, I
      had this problem with bdi2000, it is just too intelligent. I used a simple
      jtag programmer and it worked.

      Thanks
      Guennadi
      ---
      Guennadi Liakhovetski
    • mmsupport staff

        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 14 3:18 PM
          On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, linuxjacques wrote:

          > I have been working on porting u-boot to the Linkstation HG.
          >
          > At this point I can boot a kernel from flash, but there is
          > much still to do.

          Jacques, how long does it take with your bdi2000 to flash u-boot over
          JTag?

          Thanks
          Guennadi
          ---
          Guennadi Liakhovetski
        • Guennadi Liakhovetski
          Message 4 of 23 , Jul 15 2:05 AM
            On Sat, 15 Jul 2006, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:

            > On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, linuxjacques wrote:
            >
            > > I have been working on porting u-boot to the Linkstation HG.
            > >
            > > At this point I can boot a kernel from flash, but there is
            > > much still to do.
            >
            > Jacques, how long does it take with your bdi2000 to flash u-boot over
            > JTag?

            Just found this AN, looks useful and includes source code, one could
            compare to the jtag bus-driver. They say 73 bytes/sec on a 25MHz 486, so,
            on a 1GHz "should" be 3kB/s ~ 180kB/min:

            http://www.freescale.com/files/archives/doc/app_note/AN1264.pdf

            Thanks
            Guennadi
            ---