cancelled a backup, now nfs having problems ( openlink on mipsel}

  • Dick Davies
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2006
      I kicked off my first ever backup through the gui (on openlink)
      the other night. this runs the do-backup.pl CGI.

      While waiting for it to finish, I was logged in over ssh when I noticed it
      had chmod 777ed the *source* directory (which is an NFS share.
      That kind of thing isn't a good idea. ).
      I killed off the cgi, and just ran cp -R /src /dest instead.

      Now I'm trying to get files off the NFS share, and am getting 'Input/Output'
      errors on the client, and rpcbind errors on the server (I'll dig out
      the exact message
      tonight).

      I've fscked the disk and it looks alright. Anything I can do?

      http://number9.hellooperator.net/