Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: u-boot status

  • Guennadi Liakhovetski
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 22 3:40 PM
      On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, linuxjacques wrote:

      > I looked at Guennadi's kernel patch and I think it's exactly
      > what I need to get the AVR watchdog disable working.

      Glad if it helps, but - wouldn't it be better to use the u-boot's serial
      driver for that? Presumably there, unlike in the kernel, you don't have
      the driver-layering problem, no ttys, line-disciplines... I only looked at
      u-boot's sources once one or two years ago, so, maybe I am talking
      nonsense. Does u-boot use interrupts?

      Thanks
      Guennadi
      ---
      Guennadi Liakhovetski
    • KeepIt SimpleStupid
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 22 4:38 PM
        Are Cookies enabled?

        Some websites hang. Others check and complain. Still
        others let you log in with or without cookies.

        --- Brian Waite <linwoes@...> wrote:

        > > BTW, I have tried for three days to register on
        > kurobox.com forums.
        > > When I hit "submit" it hangs forever. That's why I
        > haven't been
        > > posting there.
        > >
        > I am not sure what to tell you. I just tested and
        > was able to create an
        > account and activate. I also saw some 50
        > registration in this month alone.
        > (Many are psammers with no more account)
        >
        > Thanks
        > Brian
        > > jacques

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • linuxjacques
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 23 7:46 AM
          I managed to register once I was not behind the corporate firewall.
          Maybe the form is using a mailto: action which would be blocked
          (port 25 outgoing) by our firewall.

          jacques

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, KeepIt SimpleStupid
          <keepitsimplestupid@...> wrote:

          > Are Cookies enabled?
          >
          > Some websites hang. Others check and complain. Still
          > others let you log in with or without cookies.
          >
          > --- Brian Waite <linwoes@...> wrote:
          >

          > > > BTW, I have tried for three days to register on
          > > kurobox.com forums.
          > > > When I hit "submit" it hangs forever. That's why I
          > > haven't been
          > > > posting there.
          > > >
          > > I am not sure what to tell you. I just tested and
          > > was able to create an
          > > account and activate. I also saw some 50
          > > registration in this month alone.
          > > (Many are psammers with no more account)
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > > Brian
          > > > jacques

        • Guennadi Liakhovetski
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 24 10:42 AM
            jacques,

            to your jtag problem: on bdi2000 you can configure when to assert reset,
            whether to let the board run or halt immediately... don't remember
            exactly, has been long since. Could anything there help you? I think, I
            had this problem with bdi2000, it is just too intelligent. I used a simple
            jtag programmer and it worked.

            Thanks
            Guennadi
            ---
            Guennadi Liakhovetski
          • mmsupport staff

              Message 6 of 23 , Jul 14, 2006
                On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, linuxjacques wrote:

                > I have been working on porting u-boot to the Linkstation HG.
                >
                > At this point I can boot a kernel from flash, but there is
                > much still to do.

                Jacques, how long does it take with your bdi2000 to flash u-boot over
                JTag?

                Thanks
                Guennadi
                ---
                Guennadi Liakhovetski
              • Guennadi Liakhovetski
                Message 7 of 23 , Jul 15, 2006
                  On Sat, 15 Jul 2006, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:

                  > On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, linuxjacques wrote:
                  >
                  > > I have been working on porting u-boot to the Linkstation HG.
                  > >
                  > > At this point I can boot a kernel from flash, but there is
                  > > much still to do.
                  >
                  > Jacques, how long does it take with your bdi2000 to flash u-boot over
                  > JTag?

                  Just found this AN, looks useful and includes source code, one could
                  compare to the jtag bus-driver. They say 73 bytes/sec on a 25MHz 486, so,
                  on a 1GHz "should" be 3kB/s ~ 180kB/min:

                  http://www.freescale.com/files/archives/doc/app_note/AN1264.pdf

                  Thanks
                  Guennadi
                  ---