Re: u-boot status

  • linuxjacques
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 22, 2006
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "av8r2000" <jon.yahoo@...>
      wrote:

      > Looking great! I was planning on porting u-boot to the
      > Kurobox/Linkstation myself but it looks like there's a lot of
      > progress being made with it already!
      >
      > Are you using javascout's patch from kurobox.com? Regardless, you
      > might want to coordinate with him. It sounds like there's quite a
      > bit of activity going on with this right now in the kurobox.com
      > forums.
      >
      > -Jon

      No, I'm not using javascout's patch.

      I would love to post on the kurobox.com forums but I have been trying
      to register for three days and "submit" on the form just hangs forever.

      I am trying for the bounty (I really want a Terastation Pro) so
      against all my "release early, release often" and "collaborate"
      instincts I think it would be unwise to release code before the
      bounty is decided one way or the other.

      jacques
    • Brian Waite
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 22, 2006

        > BTW, I have tried for three days to register on kurobox.com forums.
        > When I hit "submit" it hangs forever. That's why I haven't been
        > posting there.

        I am not sure what to tell you. I just tested and was able to create an
        account and activate. I also saw some 50 registration in this month alone.
        (Many are psammers with no more account)

        Thanks
        Brian
        > jacques
      • linuxjacques
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 22, 2006
          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Brian Waite <linwoes@...>
          wrote:

          > > BTW, I have tried for three days to register on kurobox.com forums.
          > > When I hit "submit" it hangs forever. That's why I haven't been
          > > posting there.
          > >
          > I am not sure what to tell you. I just tested and was able to create an
          > account and activate. I also saw some 50 registration in this month
          alone.
          > (Many are psammers with no more account)

          hmm, is there something about the form which would cause it to not work
          when submitted from behind a corporate firewall? Such as being a
          mailto: action? I looked at the source and it looks like it runs a
          php script so I figured that wasn't the problem.

          If I can get internet access tonight, I'll try registering again.

          jacques
        • Guennadi Liakhovetski
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 22, 2006
            On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, linuxjacques wrote:

            > I looked at Guennadi's kernel patch and I think it's exactly
            > what I need to get the AVR watchdog disable working.

            Glad if it helps, but - wouldn't it be better to use the u-boot's serial
            driver for that? Presumably there, unlike in the kernel, you don't have
            the driver-layering problem, no ttys, line-disciplines... I only looked at
            u-boot's sources once one or two years ago, so, maybe I am talking
            nonsense. Does u-boot use interrupts?

            Thanks
            Guennadi
            ---
            Guennadi Liakhovetski
          • KeepIt SimpleStupid
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 22, 2006
              Are Cookies enabled?

              Some websites hang. Others check and complain. Still
              others let you log in with or without cookies.

              --- Brian Waite <linwoes@...> wrote:

              > > BTW, I have tried for three days to register on
              > kurobox.com forums.
              > > When I hit "submit" it hangs forever. That's why I
              > haven't been
              > > posting there.
              > >
              > I am not sure what to tell you. I just tested and
              > was able to create an
              > account and activate. I also saw some 50
              > registration in this month alone.
              > (Many are psammers with no more account)
              >
              > Thanks
              > Brian
              > > jacques

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • linuxjacques
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 23, 2006
                I managed to register once I was not behind the corporate firewall.
                Maybe the form is using a mailto: action which would be blocked
                (port 25 outgoing) by our firewall.

                jacques

                --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, KeepIt SimpleStupid
                <keepitsimplestupid@...> wrote:

                > Are Cookies enabled?
                >
                > Some websites hang. Others check and complain. Still
                > others let you log in with or without cookies.
                >
                > --- Brian Waite <linwoes@...> wrote:
                >

                > > > BTW, I have tried for three days to register on
                > > kurobox.com forums.
                > > > When I hit "submit" it hangs forever. That's why I
                > > haven't been
                > > > posting there.
                > > >
                > > I am not sure what to tell you. I just tested and
                > > was able to create an
                > > account and activate. I also saw some 50
                > > registration in this month alone.
                > > (Many are psammers with no more account)
                > >
                > > Thanks
                > > Brian
                > > > jacques

              • Guennadi Liakhovetski
                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 24, 2006
                  jacques,

                  to your jtag problem: on bdi2000 you can configure when to assert reset,
                  whether to let the board run or halt immediately... don't remember
                  exactly, has been long since. Could anything there help you? I think, I
                  had this problem with bdi2000, it is just too intelligent. I used a simple
                  jtag programmer and it worked.

                  Thanks
                  Guennadi
                  ---
                  Guennadi Liakhovetski
                • mmsupport staff

                    Message 9 of 23 , Jul 14, 2006
                      On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, linuxjacques wrote:

                      > I have been working on porting u-boot to the Linkstation HG.
                      >
                      > At this point I can boot a kernel from flash, but there is
                      > much still to do.

                      Jacques, how long does it take with your bdi2000 to flash u-boot over
                      JTag?

                      Thanks
                      Guennadi
                      ---
                      Guennadi Liakhovetski
                    • Guennadi Liakhovetski
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jul 15, 2006
                        On Sat, 15 Jul 2006, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:

                        > On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, linuxjacques wrote:
                        >
                        > > I have been working on porting u-boot to the Linkstation HG.
                        > >
                        > > At this point I can boot a kernel from flash, but there is
                        > > much still to do.
                        >
                        > Jacques, how long does it take with your bdi2000 to flash u-boot over
                        > JTag?

                        Just found this AN, looks useful and includes source code, one could
                        compare to the jtag bus-driver. They say 73 bytes/sec on a 25MHz 486, so,
                        on a 1GHz "should" be 3kB/s ~ 180kB/min:

                        http://www.freescale.com/files/archives/doc/app_note/AN1264.pdf

                        Thanks
                        Guennadi
                        ---