LinkStation hard drive type

  • loosegroove2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2006
      I have a LinkStation 120HD. Does anyone know the type/size of hard
      drive used in LinkStations? I'm wanting to know if it's possible to
      take the hard drive out of the LinkStation and put it in another case.

      The case says that it accepts:

      [quote]
      Any single 3.5" Parallel ATA Hard Drive (Desktop size) ATA-6 compatible
      (>128GB Drive Support)
      [/quote]

      Thanks!
    • musikgoat
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 22, 2006
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "loosegroove2000"
        <bronson.elliott@...> wrote:

        > I have a LinkStation 120HD. Does anyone know the type/size of hard
        > drive used in LinkStations? I'm wanting to know if it's possible to
        > take the hard drive out of the LinkStation and put it in another case.
        >
        > The case says that it accepts:
        >
        > [quote]
        > Any single 3.5" Parallel ATA Hard Drive (Desktop size) ATA-6 compatible
        > (>128GB Drive Support)
        > [/quote]
        >
        > Thanks!

        Yes that would work, the drives in the unit are major brand standard
        3.5" Parallel ATA hard drives. If you would be putting it in anything
        else, just keep in mind that the file system on the drive is a linux
        based ext3 file system that is not natively read by any version of
        windows.

        Hope that helps.
      • loosegroove2000
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 22, 2006
          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "musikgoat" <musikgoat@...>
          wrote:

          > Yes that would work, the drives in the unit are major brand standard
          > 3.5" Parallel ATA hard drives. If you would be putting it in anything
          > else, just keep in mind that the file system on the drive is a linux
          > based ext3 file system that is not natively read by any version of
          > windows.
          >

          > Hope that helps.

          Yes, this does help! Thank you very much.