Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: Why donations should no longer go to linkstationwiki.org

  • Andrew Becherer
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 19, 2006
      On Jun 18, 2006, at 7:48 AM, al3ks75 wrote:

      > I am also going to send an email PayPal to see what they say and I
      > will post any response.

      If you are serious about getting your money back and you used a
      credit card contact the bank that issued your credit card. You can
      initiated a chargeback process. Basically just tell your issuing bank
      that you were duped, that you did not get what you paid for. You
      intended to donate money to support a software project but the money
      did not reach its intended donation. Credit card disputes are heavily
      tilted toward the cardholder (especially during card not present
      transactions) and I expect your bank could get your money back.

      Your bank may or may not give you provisional credit depending upon
      how they feel about your particular case. Your issuing bank will
      contact the merchant's acquiring bank (Paypal) and go through the
      chargeback protocol. You may have to fill out a form or submit a
      statement. It shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

      - Andrew B