Re: Why donations should no longer go to linkstationwiki.org

  • Francois Lavoie
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 19, 2006
      I doubt Paypal has an email address you can email to ;)

      But they have a Resolution Center, which is what I think you should
      be using in your case. My Account->Resolution Center

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "al3ks75" <al3ks75@...>
      wrote:

      > Well that is good news. I am glad you guys are getting organised. I
      > will try and help out where I can.
      >
      > I am also going to send an email PayPal to see what they say and I
      > will post any response.
      >
      > al3ks75.
      >
      > > Now the good news. linkstationwiki.net now has a new Donate button
      > > which goes to mindbender. linkstationwiki.net's hosting account is
      > > single-name BUT there's mindbender, flavoie (me), timtimred &
      andre
      > > with access to the account. This ensures it doesn't happen.
      > > Furthermore, more users will be given wiki/forum admin/moderator
      > > access.
      > >
      > > -flavoie at linkstationwiki.org & .net

    • Andrew Becherer
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 19, 2006
        On Jun 18, 2006, at 7:48 AM, al3ks75 wrote:

        > I am also going to send an email PayPal to see what they say and I
        > will post any response.

        If you are serious about getting your money back and you used a
        credit card contact the bank that issued your credit card. You can
        initiated a chargeback process. Basically just tell your issuing bank
        that you were duped, that you did not get what you paid for. You
        intended to donate money to support a software project but the money
        did not reach its intended donation. Credit card disputes are heavily
        tilted toward the cardholder (especially during card not present
        transactions) and I expect your bank could get your money back.

        Your bank may or may not give you provisional credit depending upon
        how they feel about your particular case. Your issuing bank will
        contact the merchant's acquiring bank (Paypal) and go through the
        chargeback protocol. You may have to fill out a form or submit a
        statement. It shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

        - Andrew B