Re: Why donations should no longer go to linkstationwiki.org

  • al3ks75
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 18, 2006
      Well that is good news. I am glad you guys are getting organised. I
      will try and help out where I can.

      I am also going to send an email PayPal to see what they say and I
      will post any response.

      al3ks75.

      > Now the good news. linkstationwiki.net now has a new Donate button
      > which goes to mindbender. linkstationwiki.net's hosting account is
      > single-name BUT there's mindbender, flavoie (me), timtimred & andre
      > with access to the account. This ensures it doesn't happen.
      > Furthermore, more users will be given wiki/forum admin/moderator
      > access.
      >
      > -flavoie at linkstationwiki.org & .net

    • Francois Lavoie
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 19, 2006
        I doubt Paypal has an email address you can email to ;)

        But they have a Resolution Center, which is what I think you should
        be using in your case. My Account->Resolution Center

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "al3ks75" <al3ks75@...>
        wrote:

        > Well that is good news. I am glad you guys are getting organised. I
        > will try and help out where I can.
        >
        > I am also going to send an email PayPal to see what they say and I
        > will post any response.
        >
        > al3ks75.
        >
        > > Now the good news. linkstationwiki.net now has a new Donate button
        > > which goes to mindbender. linkstationwiki.net's hosting account is
        > > single-name BUT there's mindbender, flavoie (me), timtimred &
        andre
        > > with access to the account. This ensures it doesn't happen.
        > > Furthermore, more users will be given wiki/forum admin/moderator
        > > access.
        > >
        > > -flavoie at linkstationwiki.org & .net

      • Andrew Becherer
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 19, 2006
          On Jun 18, 2006, at 7:48 AM, al3ks75 wrote:

          > I am also going to send an email PayPal to see what they say and I
          > will post any response.

          If you are serious about getting your money back and you used a
          credit card contact the bank that issued your credit card. You can
          initiated a chargeback process. Basically just tell your issuing bank
          that you were duped, that you did not get what you paid for. You
          intended to donate money to support a software project but the money
          did not reach its intended donation. Credit card disputes are heavily
          tilted toward the cardholder (especially during card not present
          transactions) and I expect your bank could get your money back.

          Your bank may or may not give you provisional credit depending upon
          how they feel about your particular case. Your issuing bank will
          contact the merchant's acquiring bank (Paypal) and go through the
          chargeback protocol. You may have to fill out a form or submit a
          statement. It shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

          - Andrew B