PCast messed up after upgrading to ppc_openlink_0.6

  • hoffmensch
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2006
      Please help! What have I done wrong?

      I upgraded my LinkStation I (ppc) with the latest release of the
      openlink firmware - everything worked fine. all my data has survived,
      I have telnet-access and everything is shiny - except for the PCast
      Service.

      When trying to access the LinkStation from my LinkTheater (or my
      browser over http://linkstation:8000), I only get the menu on the left
      hand side (the text of it basically) and nothing else. Theres nothing
      more. I can still navigate and click the text-links but nothing
      happens. I don't even see the three images where I can choose between
      video, audio and photo. Now I have telnet access but can't use the
      LinkStation with my LinkTheater. When going back to the StockFirmware
      1.48 - PCast works perfectly fine again - but then I have no telnet
      access to "tune" the PCast Frontend...What can do? Is there any other
      Firmware that works and gives me telnet-acces (and lets me use PCast)?

      (sorry for rubbish english - this happens not to be my native language)
    • musikgoat
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 14, 2006
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "hoffmensch"
        <hoffmensch@...> wrote:

        > Please help! What have I done wrong?
        >
        > I upgraded my LinkStation I (ppc) with the latest release of the
        > openlink firmware - everything worked fine. all my data has survived,
        > I have telnet-access and everything is shiny - except for the PCast
        > Service.
        >
        > When trying to access the LinkStation from my LinkTheater (or my
        > browser over http://linkstation:8000), I only get the menu on the left
        > hand side (the text of it basically) and nothing else. Theres nothing
        > more. I can still navigate and click the text-links but nothing
        > happens. I don't even see the three images where I can choose between
        > video, audio and photo. Now I have telnet access but can't use the
        > LinkStation with my LinkTheater. When going back to the StockFirmware
        > 1.48 - PCast works perfectly fine again - but then I have no telnet
        > access to "tune" the PCast Frontend...What can do? Is there any other
        > Firmware that works and gives me telnet-acces (and lets me use PCast)?
        >
        > (sorry for rubbish english - this happens not to be my native language)

        Hmm, I think it would be best to post this info at the linkstationwiki
        forums. http://www.linkstationwiki.org/forums

        Although there will be some major structural changes to the forum
        soon, it would still be good to post the info there.

        I can atleast say that this could be limited to the ppc version of the
        LS, I have a LSII (mips version) and after flashing openlink, i can
        still get to http://linkstation:8000 and view files through there.

        Sorry for your troubles. Good Luck.