Re: Subdirectories and permission

  • musikgoat
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2006
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "sueio" <paul@...> wrote:

      > Using a stock Linkstation, I like to create a directory and
      > subdirectories that have independent permission levels. For example
      >
      > doc/user1_docs
      > doc/user2_docs
      >
      > Everyone can see the doc folder; however, only user1 can assess the
      > user1_docs and only user2 can assess the user2_docs

      Unfortunately, its not possible. Not with the stock firmware. That
      is a feature of more robust fileservers.
    • sueio
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2006
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "musikgoat" <musikgoat@...>
        wrote:

        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "sueio" <paul@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Using a stock Linkstation, I like to create a directory and
        > > subdirectories that have independent permission levels. For example
        > >
        > > doc/user1_docs
        > > doc/user2_docs
        > >
        > > Everyone can see the doc folder; however, only user1 can assess the
        > > user1_docs and only user2 can assess the user2_docs
        > >

        > Unfortunately, its not possible. Not with the stock firmware. That
        > is a feature of more robust fileservers.

        What do you recommend for someone who have no interest in learning
        Linux and wants a near turn-key implementation?