Linkstation 250 and Webmin ->FileSystem Backup

  • mixed_mind_assistance
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2 5:57 PM
      Hey again, I'm trying to use NFS. I designated an IP to NFS in
      Fedora Core 4 and it see's the Linkstation device, but will not
      authenticate. It appears I'm running Firmware 2.05 on the
      Linkstation and wanted to do a network backup.

      It tries doing the backup from within Webmin/Backup Storage setup
      and it fails on the authentication. It won't work with SSH b/c I
      can't set up port 22 on the Linkstation, thats unconfigurable and
      really not even necessary for me, however using port 21, I can
      connect via a command window via ftp x.x.x.x and login as a
      registered user I created.

      I am not sure where I'm going wrong, but it should be feasible to do
      a network backup, I'm just not sure what, in webmin is going wrong.

      TAR
      root@192.x.x.x:/share/mydata.tar

      The backup details are:

      I'm trying to backup to host using rsh, I wouldn't know what to put
      under the OTHER category if I used it.

      Any help with this is great, thanks so much in advance..