Re: UpnP on Buffalo Gigabit Linkstation

  • wheely30km
    Message 1 of 4 , May 29, 2006
      > is it possible to install an upnp mediaserver on the gigabit version?
      > I had contact with the support of twonkyvision and they told me that
      > it is not (yet?) possible to run the server on the gigabit version.
      >
      > By the way: If I upgrade the firmware to openlink and I encounter
      > problems, is my stored data in danger, or is it safe if I stick to
      the
      > explanation given in the wiki?

      I had some files on my linkstation, and flashed the openlink firmware,
      the files were still there :-)

      I had a couple of problems with the TwonkyInstaller, I had to do some
      steps manually, so I made a beginner's How-to here :
      http://www.twonkyvision.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1545

      My linkstation is not Gigabit, bit I don't see any reason why it
      shouldn't work on a Gigabit LS :-)
    • cherrytreeproduction
      Message 2 of 4 , May 29, 2006
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "wheely30km"
        <wheely30km@...> wrote:

        > > is it possible to install an upnp mediaserver on the gigabit version?
        > > I had contact with the support of twonkyvision and they told me that
        > > it is not (yet?) possible to run the server on the gigabit version.
        > >
        > > By the way: If I upgrade the firmware to openlink and I encounter
        > > problems, is my stored data in danger, or is it safe if I stick to
        > the
        > > explanation given in the wiki?
        >
        > I had some files on my linkstation, and flashed the openlink firmware,
        > the files were still there :-)
        >
        > I had a couple of problems with the TwonkyInstaller, I had to do some
        > steps manually, so I made a beginner's How-to here :
        > http://www.twonkyvision.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1545
        >
        > My linkstation is not Gigabit, bit I don't see any reason why it
        > shouldn't work on a Gigabit LS :-)

        you should add in your tutorial that on the LS1 / HG the path should
        be /mnt/share....on the LS2 it is /mnt/hda/share...and you should
        mention that the LS2 is mips and not ppc...so a different binary for
        mips instead of ppc is mandatory.

        -- mindbender
        www.linkstationwiki.org