Re: Major probs accessing Linkstation

  • captsheridan1976
    Message 1 of 4 , May 24, 2006
      Hi Andre,

      Thanks for you relpy,

      I suspected that i had entered the sed command incorrectly.

      I don't mind refalshing the LS but any suggestions on how am i going
      to be able to do that since i cannot even connect to it.

      Would pressing the red button on the rear of the LS help?

      <lalunas10@...> wrote:

      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "captsheridan1976"
      > <captcooke@> wrote:
      > [...]
      > > I just went ahead and re-entered the instructions from
      > > http://linkstationwiki.org/Articles/GeneralThttpd
      > >
      > > Where I just changed the new pid command directory route to
      > > s/dir=\/www/dir=\/mnt\/hda\/webserver\Personal/"
      > > as directory path is /mnt/hda/webserver/Personal
      >
      > That's wrong; correct is:
      >
      > s/dir=\/www/dir=\/mnt\/hda\/webserver\/Personal/"
      >
      > The purpose of these backslashes is to protect "/" from being
      > interpreted is a sed command separator. I kept the trailing " to
      make
      > it easier for you.
      >
      > [...]
      > > Then after 10-15min I lost connection to linkstation. Now i
      cannot
      > > connect to it at all.
      >
      > I have not idea what's going on, but suspect you might have to
      > reflash.
      >
      > -Andre

    • captsheridan1976
      Message 2 of 4 , May 24, 2006
        All sorted,

        Just kept switching Linkstation off and on in the vain hope that i
        could hopefully connect, and after 10 attempts; viola I managed to
        connect via telnet. No idea what was wrong with it and didn't wait to
        find out.

        Have now reflashed and installed thttpd using your instructions and is
        working great.

        Thanks Again