Windows 2003 Server and LS 160 Slow Network Browsing

  • stephanschickl
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2006
      Hi!

      I got the following problem: In my pure win2k network, I am planning
      to upgrade my company server to windows 2003 server editition. On a
      test computer, I installed a test system.

      Following problem: browsing the win2k network computers (in network
      neighborhood) with the win2003 server is no problem, as fast as usual,
      but browsing the linkstation is awfully slow, it takes about 20-30 sec
      to get a file listing. I dont know, but I need the linkstation for
      backup purposes and this really annoys me.

      Fw. is 1.48. In the win2k network, the linkstation is really fast, but
      browsing the linkstation with win2003 server is really slow.

      Any chance, someone knows something about this?

      Greetings, Steve