Re: [LinkStation_General] FTP or Thttpd on Linkstation 2

  • Fernando Cassia
    Message 1 of 9 , May 21, 2006
      On 5/14/06, captsheridan1976 <captcooke@...> wrote:
      Hi,
      I am currently using the FTP server on the linkstaion to share my
      pictures with friends etc. However, one limitation is that the
      pictures in a folder do not show a thumbnail view. Thus, for friends
      wishing to just quickly view photos is rather impossible.

      Is their any way of enabling a thumbnail view on the FTP server?

      If not if i setup a 2nd instance of Thttpd and ran my own webserver
      would this work?

      Well, if you manage to get php up and running on the LS, this is the BEST, most tiny and easy to install script I´ve found (just drop index.php in a dir full of .jpg(s) and that´s it!).

      http://fennecfoxen.org/pyxy/gallery

      To see what it looks like once it´s working, see this:

      http://the13thfloor.org/xplore/

      Regards
      Fernando