Re: FTP or Thttpd on Linkstation 2

  • captsheridan1976
    Message 1 of 9 , May 21, 2006
      Thanks Andre,

      I actually managed to find the article, completely forgot about the
      forum.

      Again thanks for this and your resoponse to my other post. Your help
      is much appreciated.

      <lalunas10@...> wrote:

      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "captsheridan1976"
      > <captcooke@> wrote:
      > [...]
      > > Read that need to chmod 644, 755 & 711 also -x all the files.
      > >
      > > But since i have possibly upto 100 folders and 1000's of files
      this
      > > is gonna be one hell of a nightmare does anyone know how i can
      do
      > > this quicker?
      >
      > <http://linkstationwiki.org/forum/index.php?
      > action=search&loc=1&forum=3&topic=759&page=4787>
      >
      > -Andre

    • Fernando Cassia
      Message 2 of 9 , May 21, 2006
        On 5/14/06, captsheridan1976 <captcooke@...> wrote:
        Hi,
        I am currently using the FTP server on the linkstaion to share my
        pictures with friends etc. However, one limitation is that the
        pictures in a folder do not show a thumbnail view. Thus, for friends
        wishing to just quickly view photos is rather impossible.

        Is their any way of enabling a thumbnail view on the FTP server?

        If not if i setup a 2nd instance of Thttpd and ran my own webserver
        would this work?

        Well, if you manage to get php up and running on the LS, this is the BEST, most tiny and easy to install script I´ve found (just drop index.php in a dir full of .jpg(s) and that´s it!).

        http://fennecfoxen.org/pyxy/gallery

        To see what it looks like once it´s working, see this:

        http://the13thfloor.org/xplore/

        Regards
        Fernando