Re: FTP or Thttpd on Linkstation 2

  • lalunas10
    Message 1 of 9 , May 20 11:56 PM
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "captsheridan1976"
      <captcooke@...> wrote:
      [...]
      > Read that need to chmod 644, 755 & 711 also -x all the files.
      >
      > But since i have possibly upto 100 folders and 1000's of files this
      > is gonna be one hell of a nightmare does anyone know how i can do
      > this quicker?

      <http://linkstationwiki.org/forum/index.php?
      action=search&loc=1&forum=3&topic=759&page=4787>

      -Andre
    • captsheridan1976
      Message 2 of 9 , May 21 6:26 PM
        Thanks Andre,

        I actually managed to find the article, completely forgot about the
        forum.

        Again thanks for this and your resoponse to my other post. Your help
        is much appreciated.

        <lalunas10@...> wrote:

        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "captsheridan1976"
        > <captcooke@> wrote:
        > [...]
        > > Read that need to chmod 644, 755 & 711 also -x all the files.
        > >
        > > But since i have possibly upto 100 folders and 1000's of files
        this
        > > is gonna be one hell of a nightmare does anyone know how i can
        do
        > > this quicker?
        >
        > <http://linkstationwiki.org/forum/index.php?
        > action=search&loc=1&forum=3&topic=759&page=4787>
        >
        > -Andre

      • captsheridan1976
        Message 3 of 9 , May 21 6:38 PM

          <lalunas10@...> wrote:

          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "captsheridan1976"
          > <captcooke@> wrote:
          > [...]
          > > Read that need to chmod 644, 755 & 711 also -x all the files.
          > >
          > > But since i have possibly upto 100 folders and 1000's of files
          this
          > > is gonna be one hell of a nightmare does anyone know how i can
          do
          > > this quicker?
          >
          > <http://linkstationwiki.org/forum/index.php?
          > action=search&loc=1&forum=3&topic=759&page=4787>
          >
          > -Andre

        • Fernando Cassia
          Message 4 of 9 , May 21 8:32 PM
            On 5/14/06, captsheridan1976 <captcooke@...> wrote:
            Hi,
            I am currently using the FTP server on the linkstaion to share my
            pictures with friends etc. However, one limitation is that the
            pictures in a folder do not show a thumbnail view. Thus, for friends
            wishing to just quickly view photos is rather impossible.

            Is their any way of enabling a thumbnail view on the FTP server?

            If not if i setup a 2nd instance of Thttpd and ran my own webserver
            would this work?

            Well, if you manage to get php up and running on the LS, this is the BEST, most tiny and easy to install script I´ve found (just drop index.php in a dir full of .jpg(s) and that´s it!).

            http://fennecfoxen.org/pyxy/gallery

            To see what it looks like once it´s working, see this:

            http://the13thfloor.org/xplore/

            Regards
            Fernando