Re: Thttpd file permissions help

  • lalunas10
    Message 1 of 2 , May 20 11:53 PM
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "captsheridan1976"
      <captcooke@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I have just set us a 2nd instance of thttpd, and have managed to
      > access it ok.
      >
      > My only issue is setting the file permissions as i will create the
      > website via Frontpage.

      File permissions are set according to the user's umask, of inherited
      from the enclosing directory. Set the directory's permission with
      "chmod 0755 /path/to/wwwdir".

      > Is their an easy way to chmod all the files and folders in one easy
      go.
      > (Rather than having to go into every folder)

      No. Especially not with CGI. Make sure thttpd runs as an unprivileged
      user (like "nobody"). A thttpd running it as root was the original way
      to hack into the LS...

      > Also what permission should i set for the file types?
      > (Eg .htm .jpg .gif etc)

      chmod 0644 /path/to/*{jpg,gif,htm}

      > Last, what are the cgi files?

      Where you define them in your thttpd.conf. They must be executable.
      Usually "chmod -R 0755 /path/to/cgi-bin" should do. CGI processes are
      started by and belong by the user running thttpd.

      I hope this helps,

      -Andre