Useful logs

  • harley_t_dog
    Message 1 of 2 , May 20, 2006
      I have recently upgraded my 25gig LS firmware to the OpenLink version. Everything went
      well, and telnet works well. Can someone tell me where I can find revelent logs to look at ftp
      activity, logins, etc. I'n relatively new to unix so please be as descriptive as possible.

      Also, on simple music file transfer between the LS and my XP box, things seem slower that
      usualy. I'm not sure if it was just me though. Are there any suggestions on how to
      benchmark file transfers.

      Thanks in advance.
      Harley
    • lalunas10
      Message 2 of 2 , May 20, 2006
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "harley_t_dog"
        <harley888@...> wrote:

        > I have recently upgraded my 25gig LS firmware to the OpenLink
        version. Everything went
        > well, and telnet works well. Can someone tell me where I can find
        revelent logs to look at ftp
        > activity, logins, etc. I'n relatively new to unix so please be as
        descriptive as possible.

        /var/log/
        /mnt2/ram/

        Please read <http://linkstationwiki.org/forum/2_915_0.html> as well (to
        the end), there's a (Buffalo) bug that might get you in trouble
        eventually.

        -Andre