Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: Appeal for funds for a new provider of the linkstationwiki

Expand Messages
  • Craig Olofson
    Hullo; Once you two have sorted this out please repost if donations are still warranted. This is a great resource. regards, Craig
    Message 1 of 12 , May 6, 2006
    • 0 Attachment
      Hullo;

      Once you two have sorted this out please repost if donations are still
      warranted. This is a great resource.

      regards,
      Craig

      larryjadams@... wrote:

      > I did not talk with the current domain owner, but I did talk to the
      > hosting service. Once it expires, we can request it. I am ok funding
      > it. I want a complete redesign of the forum though. I would like to
      > convert to phpMyBB, if that's ok with you.
      >
      > TheWitness
      >
      >
      > -------------- Original message --------------
      > From: "cherrytreeproduction" <cherrytreeproduction@...>
      > when did you talk to them?
      >
      > you have never told us that.
      >
      > tell me more.
      >
      > -- best regards
      > -- mindbender
      >
      >
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, larryjadams@... wrote:
      > >
      > > Why don't we just renew the existing site? I talked with the
      > provider and that will work...
      > >
      > > TheWitness
      > >
      > > -------------- Original message --------------
      > > From: "cherrytreeproduction" <cherrytreeproduction@...>
      > > Hi all!
      > >
      > <stuff deleted>
      > > here is the link to the forum-thread and my personal home-page
      > (where
      > > the paypal button is):
      > >
      > > http://linkstationwiki.org/forum/4_895_0.html
      > > http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0025690/
      > <http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/%7Ea0025690/>
      > >
      > > i hope you help our small community to survive....
      > >
      > > if we take no action, www.linkstationwiki.org will expire on the 6th
      > > of July...and all the information would be lost.
      > >
      > > so if you got some valuable information from the linkstationwiki and
      > > you would like to support it then donoate some money....
      > >
      > > thank you in advance
      > > -- mindbender
      > > -- http://linkstatio nwiki.org/Profiles/Mindbender
      > <http://linkstationwiki.org/Profiles/Mindbender>
      > >
      > >
      >
      >
    • Larry Adams
      Mindbender, I left a VME with the Ibrahims today. Hopefully, I will hear back in the next day or so. Larry _____ From: LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 12 , May 10, 2006
      • 0 Attachment

        Mindbender,

         

        I left a VME with the Ibrahims today.  Hopefully, I will hear back in the next day or so.

         

        Larry

         


        From: LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com [mailto: LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of cherrytreeproduction
        Sent: Saturday, May 06, 2006 7:19 AM
        To: LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [LinkStation_General] Re: Appeal for funds for a new provider of the linkstationwiki

         

        when did you talk to them?

        you have never told us that.

        tell me more.

        -- best regards
        -- mindbender


        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com , larryjadams@... wrote:

        >
        > Why don't we just renew the existing site?  I talked with the
        provider and that will work...
        >
        > TheWitness
        >
        > -------------- Original message --------------
        > From: "cherrytreeproduction" <cherrytreeproduction@...>
        > Hi all!
        >
        > You maybe noticed that there was pretty some action on the forum of
        > the linkstationwiki.
        >
        > http://www.linkstationwiki.org/forum/index.php
        >
        > we tried to move to a different server which mmoseley (which is a
        > reseller from www.rhserve.com we noticed later) suggested to move to
        > http://www.mthost.co.uk
        >
        > so...thought we got an good offer i started to built everything there...
        >
        > an enhanced miniBB forum....
        > a mediawiki as our main wiki......
        > mantis as a bugtracker.....
        >
        > and i uploaded 4 GB of data....
        > the whole downloadsection:
        > http://wallace.ultralab.ac.uk/
        (as this is the current one) and
        > everything from the ipkg-feed:
        > http://feed.linkstation.org
        >
        > well....we got banned because i uploaded so much....but we had there
        > about 30 GB of disc space....so it more or less seemed to be a very
        > unserious provider.
        >
        > mmosoley was so kind to refund me the 43 pounds = 65 euros which i
        > paid for a year of hosting...
        >
        > ....damn....everything was setup....they even deleted the
        > sql-databases....i mean....i already moved many pages that day
        > manually....
        >
        >
        > well...there we are.
        >
        > as a new provider i would opt for
        > http://powweb.com/PowWeb/OnePlan/Detail
        >
        > i would subscribe for 2 years because then we get 14 monts for free.
        > also i would take www.linkstationwiki.info just for fun as it is free
        > and a free domain is included.
        >
        > another reason why i would choose this provider is that
        > www.linkstationwiki.org is hosted there...and it was reachable all
        > over the time.....it seems to be a real serious hosting service.
        >
        > but as i am a student i need some support for that. i do not have
        > 186.33 US Dollar = 146.639 Euro .....i have the 65 euros that i got
        > back from mmosoley......but thats all.
        >
        > So this is a appeal for funds to get the money needed to pay for the
        > new provider.
        >
        > here is the link to the forum-thread and my personal home-page (where
        > the paypal button is):
        >
        > http://linkstationwiki.org/forum/4_895_0.html
        > http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0025690/
        >
        > i hope you help our small community to survive....
        >
        > if we take no action, www.linkstationwiki.org will expire on the 6th
        > of July...and all the information would be lost.
        >
        > so if you got some valuable information from the linkstationwiki and
        > you would like to support it then donoate some money....
        >
        > thank you in advance
        > -- mindbender
        > -- http://linkstationwiki.org/Profiles/Mindbender
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > SPONSORED LINKS Buffalo
        linkstation Communication and networking
        >
        >
        >
        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >
        >  Visit your group "LinkStation_General" on the web.
        >  
        >  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
        >  LinkStation_General-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >  
        >  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
        >






      • Francois Lavoie
        We ve been turned down by powweb when we requested the account being turned over to us. Nothing was mentioned about taking over at expiry. Maybe you have
        Message 3 of 12 , May 10, 2006
        • 0 Attachment
          We've been turned down by powweb when we requested the account being
          turned over to us. Nothing was mentioned about taking over at expiry.
          Maybe you have spoken to different people or have better luck ? We're
          about to create a completely new account, but i'd rather wait to see
          what you were able to get from powweb.

          I've personnally done a lot to try to find frontalot (Mr Ibrahim)
          and if you can reach him then this could be the happy ending
          everyone hopes for... and increased control over the site.
          Changing the forum currently isn't an option, no one has admin access.

          A lot of people still donate from the Main linkstationwiki.org page.
          This money goes to frontalot, which owns the account, and has not
          renewed the domain & hosting as far as i know.

          Cheers,
          flavoie (at linkstationwiki.org)


          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Craig Olofson
          <craig_b_o@...> wrote:
          >
          > Hullo;
          >
          > Once you two have sorted this out please repost if donations are
          still
          > warranted. This is a great resource.
          >
          > regards,
          > Craig
          >
          > larryjadams@... wrote:
          >
          > > I did not talk with the current domain owner, but I did talk to
          the
          > > hosting service. Once it expires, we can request it. I am ok
          funding
          > > it. I want a complete redesign of the forum though. I would
          like to
          > > convert to phpMyBB, if that's ok with you.
          > >
          > > TheWitness
          > >
          > >
          > > -------------- Original message --------------
          > > From: "cherrytreeproduction" <cherrytreeproduction@...>
          > > when did you talk to them?
          > >
          > > you have never told us that.
          > >
          > > tell me more.
          > >
          > > -- best regards
          > > -- mindbender
          > >
          > >
          > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, larryjadams@
          wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Why don't we just renew the existing site? I talked with
          the
          > > provider and that will work...
          > > >
          > > > TheWitness
          > > >
          > > > -------------- Original message --------------
          > > > From: "cherrytreeproduction" <cherrytreeproduction@>
          > > > Hi all!
          > > >
          > > <stuff deleted>
          > > > here is the link to the forum-thread and my personal home-
          page
          > > (where
          > > > the paypal button is):
          > > >
          > > > http://linkstationwiki.org/forum/4_895_0.html
          > > > http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0025690/
          > > <http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/%7Ea0025690/>
          > > >
          > > > i hope you help our small community to survive....
          > > >
          > > > if we take no action, www.linkstationwiki.org will expire
          on the 6th
          > > > of July...and all the information would be lost.
          > > >
          > > > so if you got some valuable information from the
          linkstationwiki and
          > > > you would like to support it then donoate some money....
          > > >
          > > > thank you in advance
          > > > -- mindbender
          > > > -- http://linkstatio nwiki.org/Profiles/Mindbender
          > > <http://linkstationwiki.org/Profiles/Mindbender>
          > > >
          > > >
          > >
          > >
          >
        • cherrytreeproduction
          guys...look here: http://linkstationwiki.org/forum/1_894_0.html we will wait until monday evening (european time) until we finaly act. if there is no trace of
          Message 4 of 12 , May 10, 2006
          • 0 Attachment
            guys...look here:

            http://linkstationwiki.org/forum/1_894_0.html

            we will wait until monday evening (european time) until we finaly act.

            if there is no trace of frontalot, we will register a new account at
            www.powweb.com.

            mindbender

            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Adams"
            <larryjadams@...> wrote:
            >
            > Mindbender,
            >
            >
            >
            > I left a VME with the Ibrahims today. Hopefully, I will hear back
            in the
            > next day or so.
            >
            >
            >
            > Larry
            >
            >
            >
            > _____
            >
            > From: LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com
            > [mailto:LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
            > cherrytreeproduction
            > Sent: Saturday, May 06, 2006 7:19 AM
            > To: LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: [LinkStation_General] Re: Appeal for funds for a new
            provider of
            > the linkstationwiki
            >
            >
            >
            > when did you talk to them?
            >
            > you have never told us that.
            >
            > tell me more.
            >
            > -- best regards
            > -- mindbender
            >
            >
            > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, larryjadams@ wrote:
            > >
            > > Why don't we just renew the existing site? I talked with the
            > provider and that will work...
            > >
            > > TheWitness
            > >
            > > -------------- Original message --------------
            > > From: "cherrytreeproduction" <cherrytreeproduction@>
            > > Hi all!
            > >
            > > You maybe noticed that there was pretty some action on the forum of
            > > the linkstationwiki.
            > >
            > > http://www.linkstationwiki.org/forum/index.php
            > >
            > > we tried to move to a different server which mmoseley (which is a
            > > reseller from www.rhserve.com we noticed later) suggested to move to
            > > http://www.mthost.co.uk
            > >
            > > so...thought we got an good offer i started to built everything
            there...
            > >
            > > an enhanced miniBB forum....
            > > a mediawiki as our main wiki......
            > > mantis as a bugtracker.....
            > >
            > > and i uploaded 4 GB of data....
            > > the whole downloadsection:
            > > http://wallace.ultralab.ac.uk/ (as this is the current one) and
            > > everything from the ipkg-feed:
            > > http://feed.linkstation.org
            > >
            > > well....we got banned because i uploaded so much....but we had there
            > > about 30 GB of disc space....so it more or less seemed to be a very
            > > unserious provider.
            > >
            > > mmosoley was so kind to refund me the 43 pounds = 65 euros which i
            > > paid for a year of hosting...
            > >
            > > ....damn....everything was setup....they even deleted the
            > > sql-databases....i mean....i already moved many pages that day
            > > manually....
            > >
            > >
            > > well...there we are.
            > >
            > > as a new provider i would opt for
            > > http://powweb.com/PowWeb/OnePlan/Detail
            > >
            > > i would subscribe for 2 years because then we get 14 monts for free.
            > > also i would take www.linkstationwiki.info just for fun as it is free
            > > and a free domain is included.
            > >
            > > another reason why i would choose this provider is that
            > > www.linkstationwiki.org is hosted there...and it was reachable all
            > > over the time.....it seems to be a real serious hosting service.
            > >
            > > but as i am a student i need some support for that. i do not have
            > > 186.33 US Dollar = 146.639 Euro .....i have the 65 euros that i got
            > > back from mmosoley......but thats all.
            > >
            > > So this is a appeal for funds to get the money needed to pay for the
            > > new provider.
            > >
            > > here is the link to the forum-thread and my personal home-page (where
            > > the paypal button is):
            > >
            > > http://linkstationwiki.org/forum/4_895_0.html
            > > http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0025690/
            > >
            > > i hope you help our small community to survive....
            > >
            > > if we take no action, www.linkstationwiki.org will expire on the 6th
            > > of July...and all the information would be lost.
            > >
            > > so if you got some valuable information from the linkstationwiki and
            > > you would like to support it then donoate some money....
            > >
            > > thank you in advance
            > > -- mindbender
            > > -- http://linkstationwiki.org/Profiles/Mindbender
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > > SPONSORED LINKS Buffalo linkstation Communication and networking
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            > >
            > > Visit your group "LinkStation_General" on the web.
            > >
            > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
            > > LinkStation_General-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
            > >
            > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
            > >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > SPONSORED LINKS
            >
            >
            > Buffalo
            >
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Buffalo+linkstation&w1=Buffalo+linkstat
            >
            ion&w2=Communication+and+networking&c=2&s=59&.sig=r2CzGJvdC2av3mUUFW_Dfg>
            > linkstation
            >
            > Communication
            >
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Communication+and+networking&w1=Buffalo
            >
            +linkstation&w2=Communication+and+networking&c=2&s=59&.sig=PnautBytSHe2Zj97c
            > MHLqg> and networking
            >
            >
            >
            > _____
            >
            > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            >
            >
            >
            > * Visit your group "LinkStation_General
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LinkStation_General> " on the web.
            >
            > * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
            > LinkStation_General-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
            >
            <mailto:LinkStation_General-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>
            >
            >
            > * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
            > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Terms of Service.
            >
            >
            >
            > _____
            >
          • Brian Waite
            Sorry to hear about this terrible situation you are on over hhere. I maintain the kurobox.com domain and would be willing to help with space/hosting/etc if
            Message 5 of 12 , May 11, 2006
            • 0 Attachment
              Sorry to hear about this terrible situation you are on over hhere. I maintain
              the kurobox.com domain and would be willing to help with space/hosting/etc if
              needed. Unfortunately, I don't know how to get the data from the old wiki
              without DB access. If you guys need any help feel free to ping me

              Thanks
              Brian
            • cherrytreeproduction
              look here: http://linkstationwiki.org/forum/4_895_2.html (sorry for the crossposting) thx for the offer at first. but i have to admit that i do not know if
              Message 6 of 12 , May 11, 2006
              • 0 Attachment
                look here:

                http://linkstationwiki.org/forum/4_895_2.html

                (sorry for the crossposting)

                thx for the offer at first.

                but i have to admit that i do not know if this is a good idea as
                www.kurobox.com was down about 7-9 months....

                -- mindbender

                --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Brian Waite <linwoes@...>
                wrote:
                >
                > Sorry to hear about this terrible situation you are on over hhere. I
                maintain
                > the kurobox.com domain and would be willing to help with
                space/hosting/etc if
                > needed. Unfortunately, I don't know how to get the data from the old
                wiki
                > without DB access. If you guys need any help feel free to ping me
                >
                > Thanks
                > Brian
                >
              • Brian Waite
                ... I understand the concern. It was merely an offer :) If you at least need a place for storage in the meantime, let me know. Also, since the Days of Great
                Message 7 of 12 , May 11, 2006
                • 0 Attachment
                  On Thursday 11 May 2006 9:41 am, cherrytreeproduction wrote:
                  > look here:
                  >
                  > http://linkstationwiki.org/forum/4_895_2.html
                  >
                  > (sorry for the crossposting)
                  >
                  > thx for the offer at first.
                  >
                  > but i have to admit that i do not know if this is a good idea as
                  > www.kurobox.com was down about 7-9 months....
                  I understand the concern. It was merely an offer :)
                  If you at least need a place for storage in the meantime, let me know. Also,
                  since the Days of Great Silence, the domain is no longer maintainted, only
                  paid for, by Revolution.
                  Thanks
                  Brian
                  >
                  > -- mindbender
                  >
                  > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Brian Waite <linwoes@...>
                  >
                  > wrote:
                  > > Sorry to hear about this terrible situation you are on over hhere. I
                  >
                  > maintain
                  >
                  > > the kurobox.com domain and would be willing to help with
                  >
                  > space/hosting/etc if
                  >
                  > > needed. Unfortunately, I don't know how to get the data from the old
                  >
                  > wiki
                  >
                  > > without DB access. If you guys need any help feel free to ping me
                  > >
                  > > Thanks
                  > > Brian
                  >
                  > SPONSORED LINKS
                  > Buffalo linkstation Communication and networking
                  >
                  >
                  > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                  >
                  >
                  >  Visit your group "LinkStation_General" on the web.
                  >  
                  >  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                  >  LinkStation_General-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                  >  
                  >  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
                • spencilsplodge
                  Hi all, I haven t posted in ages, but I find this and the wiki extremely useful when I get a spare moment to mess with my Linkstation- I would hate to see
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 11, 2006
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Hi all,

                    I haven't posted in ages, but I find this and the wiki extremely
                    useful when I get a spare moment to mess with my Linkstation- I would
                    hate to see anything go so I might also be able to offer assistance in
                    the form of hosting should you require it (free of course), although I
                    see that people have already kindly offered hosting, or indeed you may
                    already have alternative solutions.

                    Either way, feel free to ask and best of luck in sorting this out.

                    Regards,

                    Spence.


                    --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Brian Waite <linwoes@...>
                    wrote:
                    >
                    > On Thursday 11 May 2006 9:41 am, cherrytreeproduction wrote:
                    > > look here:
                    > >
                    > > http://linkstationwiki.org/forum/4_895_2.html
                    > >
                    > > (sorry for the crossposting)
                    > >
                    > > thx for the offer at first.
                    > >
                    > > but i have to admit that i do not know if this is a good idea as
                    > > www.kurobox.com was down about 7-9 months....
                    > I understand the concern. It was merely an offer :)
                    > If you at least need a place for storage in the meantime, let me
                    know. Also,
                    > since the Days of Great Silence, the domain is no longer
                    maintainted, only
                    > paid for, by Revolution.
                    > Thanks
                    > Brian
                    > >
                    > > -- mindbender
                    > >
                    > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Brian Waite <linwoes@>
                    > >
                    > > wrote:
                    > > > Sorry to hear about this terrible situation you are on over
                    hhere. I
                    > >
                    > > maintain
                    > >
                    > > > the kurobox.com domain and would be willing to help with
                    > >
                    > > space/hosting/etc if
                    > >
                    > > > needed. Unfortunately, I don't know how to get the data from
                    the old
                    > >
                    > > wiki
                    > >
                    > > > without DB access. If you guys need any help feel free to ping me
                    > > >
                    > > > Thanks
                    > > > Brian
                    > >
                    > > SPONSORED LINKS
                    > > Buffalo linkstation Communication and networking
                    > >
                    > >
                    > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                    > >
                    > >
                    > > Visit your group "LinkStation_General" on the web.
                    > >
                    > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                    > > LinkStation_General-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                    > >
                    > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
                    >
                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.