Is the internal HD replacable

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3 6:19 PM
      If I purchase a Buffalo Linkstation and the HD fails outside of the
      warranty, Can I purchase a drive at that time and install it and expect
      my expensive linkstation to work?.

      Tech support told me there is a hidden partition, will ghost copy that
      so I have a back up?
    • cherrytreeproduction
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4 1:29 AM
        look here: http://linkstationwiki.org/Articles/GeneralUpgradeHD

        the yellow box on the right side is the most important for you.
        if you put in the unpartitioned harddisc, the linkstation will create
        everything on its own and boot....

        -- regards
        -- mindbender

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <dmx11523@...> wrote:

        > If I purchase a Buffalo Linkstation and the HD fails outside of the
        > warranty, Can I purchase a drive at that time and install it and expect
        > my expensive linkstation to work?.
        >
        > Tech support told me there is a hidden partition, will ghost copy that
        > so I have a back up?

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4 7:59 PM
          I do thank you, Looks like I will order my linkstation right
          now........Thanks.