Re: Fan Noise

  • j_n_swanson
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2006
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "tcgb85" <tcgb85@...> wrote:

      > Any suggestion for a noisy fan? My wisper quiet fan roars like a
      > lion. I have e-mail tech support and have recieved no response.

      I have the same problem. Tech support tell me, "The Linkstation does
      have a silent internal fan. If your unit is distinctly audible, then
      there is an internal hardware fault and the unit needs to be replaced."
      I somhow feel if I go through getting it replaced it will be much the
      same. Is the fan temperature controlled? Mine seems to run at the
      same speed all the time.
    • wheely30km
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2006
        One of the quietests fans are the Papst :
        http://www.papst.de
        select english language, then click on "Computers and office
        Technology", and then "IT Hardware".
        You should find a replacement fan.
        Note the reference, and find an online shop to order it.

        When I have time I'll also do the mod' :-)
      • Christopher Eykamp
        Message 3 of 4 , May 17, 2006
          Lubricating the fan with a drop of oil fixed the problem for me.  You'll need to open the case, and perhaps remove a sticker on the fan to do this, if I recall correctly.

          Chris