Re: suddenly can't delete files

  • stickman393
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2006
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Robbie" <rlinkbass@...>
      wrote:

      > AND - I can not delete any files from the Link Station from windows
      > explorer - it says they are in use.
      > I've never had trouble deleting before.
      > The only way I can delete is to ftp in and delete with ftp program.
      >
      > This may have started after a recent WinXP "critical update" but I'm
      > not sure.
      >
      > Anyone else having this problem?

      Robbie -

      I couldn't get FTP to work for me (blush) but I just udated the
      firmware from 1.44 to 1.47 and now I can delete files just fine.
      Perhaps this will work for you also.

      - Colin
    • Robbie Link
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2006
        YES! Upgrading the firmware fixed it for me, too. Funny - that upgrade
        is over 6 months old. Seems odd that the problem would only now appear.
        I still wonder if it had anything to do with the latest WinXP updates.
        Searched the web but could not find any reference.

        Let me know if you need help with the FTP - not that you particularly
        need to be able to use it.

        Thanks,
        Robbie