Re: [LinkStation_General] suddenly can't delete files

  • ColinNicholls
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2006
      <<
      Robbie-11 wrote:

      > [..]`I can not delete any files from the Link Station from windows
      > explorer - it says they are in use.`I've never had trouble deleting
      > before.
      > This may have started after a recent WinXP "critical update" but I'm
      > not sure. Anyone else having this problem?
      > Robbie

      Robbie -

      Yes! I noticed this last night. I haven't tried FTP - I'll have to enable
      ftp first I think. Good suggestion. I have no idea why this should change.
      Of course, we all get "critical updates" from MSFT every Tuesday now so who
      knows if something has changed there?
      Sent from the Buffalo LinkStation forum at Nabble.com.
    • stickman393
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2006
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Robbie" <rlinkbass@...>
        wrote:

        > AND - I can not delete any files from the Link Station from windows
        > explorer - it says they are in use.
        > I've never had trouble deleting before.
        > The only way I can delete is to ftp in and delete with ftp program.
        >
        > This may have started after a recent WinXP "critical update" but I'm
        > not sure.
        >
        > Anyone else having this problem?

        Robbie -

        I couldn't get FTP to work for me (blush) but I just udated the
        firmware from 1.44 to 1.47 and now I can delete files just fine.
        Perhaps this will work for you also.

        - Colin
      • Robbie Link
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 29, 2006
          YES! Upgrading the firmware fixed it for me, too. Funny - that upgrade
          is over 6 months old. Seems odd that the problem would only now appear.
          I still wonder if it had anything to do with the latest WinXP updates.
          Searched the web but could not find any reference.

          Let me know if you need help with the FTP - not that you particularly
          need to be able to use it.

          Thanks,
          Robbie