Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: Linkstation 2 - Samba with DOS

  • dianalucy00-magnia@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 28 11:47 AM
      Hello,

      - snip -
      the "DIR" comamnd, no listing, just Extended error 123...
      - snip -

      I had this issue before when I used Bart's MODBOOT DOS disk on a Snap Server that was part of our NT domain.  I know that the Linkstation doesn't do Domains but you might want to check your network client login on your DOS boot disk to ensure it's not trying to access a Domain - should instead try as a workgroup or even a Peer.  Check protocol.ini or the other ini to see which it is trying to use on your boot disk.

      In my case, when I had specified to login using the Domain I would see an empty DIR despite the fact that well over 20 directories were in the share.  I changed Bart's MODBOOT DOS disk to login via a nonexistant workgroup called "WORKGROUP" and established an account on the Snap server itself just for ghosting with access to that share only.  Now my DOS based ghosting always works.

      Hope that helps,
      - Linda :)

      For my non-geek friends:
      Friends don't email friends .exe or .com files. So don't open those types of attachments!!
      For my geek friends:
      Adopt a newbie....