Linkstation without network

  • mariohardleft
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22, 2006
      I apologize if this is a double-post. I tried posting via Nabble but
      didn't see it, so I'm trying again. Thanks!

      I have some important files on my Linkstation that I need to
      access...However, I'm moving houses, so my network has been taken
      down, and I'm staying with a friend, who has a computer but not a
      router (he connects to the Internet directly from his computer to his
      modem).
      Is there any way to connect my Linkstation directly to the PC and
      access files? I have the LInkstation but not the CDRom that came with
      it, if that matters. Thanks so much for any help you can provide!
    • Craig Olofson
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 22, 2006
        mariohardleft wrote:

        > Is there any way to connect my Linkstation directly to the PC and
        > access files? I have the LInkstation but not the CDRom that came with
        > it, if that matters. Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

        Check http://buffalotech.com/downloads/LS_Manual1.1.pdf. Page 7 says
        that you can with a normal cat5. I remember doing it as a part of the
        Kuro upgrade but had to use a crossover cable.

        hth,
        Craig