LS2 MIPS OpenLin 0.52b: Status LED blinks 6 time indicating mc_ctld isssue

  • Janis Ezernieks
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 14 12:58 PM
      Hello!

      Somthing funny going on: LS2 stops and will start blinking 6 times.
      What files should I check ? - I am assuming there is an issue with the
      watch dog either not starting at all or a problem with it.
      any hints apriciated!

      thanx janis
    • cherrytreeproduction
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 16 4:41 PM
        if it is a mc_ctld issue then you should have telnet access for about
        2 minutes.

        in this time you should change the start of mc_ctld....it isn`t
        started, thats why it is blinking 6 times.

        i do not know at which position this happens on a LS2, but with a LS1
        ppc_uartd is started on 92 or 93....

        generally you could change the startup on a LS1 by:

        mv /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/S92ppc_uartd /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/S12ppc_uartd

        this should also work for the LS2 with mc_cltd...

        -- regards
        -- mindbender

        so you can change the startup

        <jezernieks@...> wrote:

        > Hello!
        >
        > Somthing funny going on: LS2 stops and will start blinking 6 times.
        > What files should I check ? - I am assuming there is an issue with the
        > watch dog either not starting at all or a problem with it.
        > any hints apriciated!
        >
        > thanx janis

      • Janis Ezernieks
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 17 11:06 AM