No long FIlenames on a Mac :-(

  • jaehns75
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 12 2:52 AM
      Hi,

      I'm an absolute newbie concerning the Buffalo Linkstation... I've got a Buffalo 300GB_Lan with
      Original Firmware 1.42. It's no problem mounting the Share-Folders on my Mac G5 running
      Sytem 10.4.6 (Tiger) on it. But if I try copiing some Folders for example with MP3-Content
      may system says, that not everything could be copied because some filenames are too long.
      Is there any solution for my problem? Otherwise the Linkstation is not built for my aims –
      working with it on a Mac.

      Thanks for any help!
    • lalunas10
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 12 4:46 AM
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "jaehns75" <jaehns@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm an absolute newbie concerning the Buffalo Linkstation... I've
        got a Buffalo 300GB_Lan with
        > Original Firmware 1.42. It's no problem mounting the Share-Folders
        on my Mac G5 running
        > Sytem 10.4.6 (Tiger) on it. But if I try copiing some Folders for
        example with MP3-Content
        > may system says, that not everything could be copied because some
        filenames are too long.
        > Is there any solution for my problem? Otherwise the Linkstation is
        not built for my aims â€"
        > working with it on a Mac.

        Buffalo ships an old, virtually unusable version of netatalk. If you
        can't live with SMB connections (Tiger can make these as well), you
        have to gain root access and compile your own netatalk. There are the
        compilation instruction at my web page <http://hvkls.dyndns.org/
        downloads/>.

        -Andre