Re: Need HowTo and Install Files for OpenVPN on LS1

  • lalunas10
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 6, 2006
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "infobupkis" <public@...>
      wrote:

      > Here's my procedure (I think) with a few questions:
      >
      > 1) compile LZO (lzo-2.02.tar.gz) with --prefix=/usr/local
      >
      > Q: I've put other programs in /mnt as recommended in the wiki to
      > avoid space problems. Does this change my options for prefix?
      Should
      > I just leave it as you suggest?

      That's up to you; but you need to make sure your system can find it
      (man ldconfig). Personally, I would put it into /usr/local, while /
      usr/local could be a symlink to, say, /mnt/local, or made accessible
      with "mount --bind" (man mount)

      > 2) compile OpenVPN (openvpn-2.0.6.tar.gz) with
      >
      > ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-ifconfig-path=/bin/
      ifconfig
      > --with-lzo-headers=/usr/local/include --with-lzo-lib=/usr/local/lib
      > --enable-pthread ; make ; make install
      >
      > Q: Same question on location etc

      s.a.; adjust $PATH if necessary

      > 3) Get /dev/tap* and /dev/net/tun from a Debian PC System and
      transfer
      > them using tar
      >
      > Q: I don't have a Linux box. If I can get them somewhere, where do
      > they go on the LSI?

      <http://hvkls.dyndns.org/downloads/ls1-openvpn-configfiles.tar.gz>,
      it's right below the compilation instructions ;)

      -Andre