Re: Need HowTo and Install Files for OpenVPN on LS1

  • infobupkis
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 6, 2006
      Here's my procedure (I think) with a few questions:

      1) compile LZO (lzo-2.02.tar.gz) with --prefix=/usr/local

      Q: I've put other programs in /mnt as recommended in the wiki to
      avoid space problems. Does this change my options for prefix? Should
      I just leave it as you suggest?

      2) compile OpenVPN (openvpn-2.0.6.tar.gz) with

      ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-ifconfig-path=/bin/ifconfig
      --with-lzo-headers=/usr/local/include --with-lzo-lib=/usr/local/lib
      --enable-pthread ; make ; make install

      Q: Same question on location etc

      3) Get /dev/tap* and /dev/net/tun from a Debian PC System and transfer
      them using tar

      Q: I don't have a Linux box. If I can get them somewhere, where do
      they go on the LSI?

      TIA for your help.
    • lalunas10
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 6, 2006
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "infobupkis" <public@...>
        wrote:

        > Here's my procedure (I think) with a few questions:
        >
        > 1) compile LZO (lzo-2.02.tar.gz) with --prefix=/usr/local
        >
        > Q: I've put other programs in /mnt as recommended in the wiki to
        > avoid space problems. Does this change my options for prefix?
        Should
        > I just leave it as you suggest?

        That's up to you; but you need to make sure your system can find it
        (man ldconfig). Personally, I would put it into /usr/local, while /
        usr/local could be a symlink to, say, /mnt/local, or made accessible
        with "mount --bind" (man mount)

        > 2) compile OpenVPN (openvpn-2.0.6.tar.gz) with
        >
        > ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-ifconfig-path=/bin/
        ifconfig
        > --with-lzo-headers=/usr/local/include --with-lzo-lib=/usr/local/lib
        > --enable-pthread ; make ; make install
        >
        > Q: Same question on location etc

        s.a.; adjust $PATH if necessary

        > 3) Get /dev/tap* and /dev/net/tun from a Debian PC System and
        transfer
        > them using tar
        >
        > Q: I don't have a Linux box. If I can get them somewhere, where do
        > they go on the LSI?

        <http://hvkls.dyndns.org/downloads/ls1-openvpn-configfiles.tar.gz>,
        it's right below the compilation instructions ;)

        -Andre