noob needs help with web browser config access

  • bluewookiejim
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2006
      Hi all,

      I'm relatively new to this Linkstation setup.

      I have 250GB mips unit, which I updated to use OpenLink firmware. I
      set root password, I added a new user, I created the dropbear SSH keys.

      I can log in using telnet and/or SSH client (Putty). I changed the
      part about going directly to bash prompt instead of logging in over
      telnet to force the login. I also (thought) I upgraded the Perl to
      5.8.5. I didn't realize it already had a more recent version. I
      followed the instructions on the fieldnetworks site to do that. So,
      yes, I know that I have managed to downgrade my Perl installation. I
      also changed the symbolic liks to the perl directories.

      Anyway, my issue is that I can't access the LS using the web browser
      anymore. I can still connect via telnet, ssh, and windows
      networking/samba using the user accounts I have, but the web interface
      won't accept my login. I was getting the LS's password error page, or
      an "error 500' page when I tried with no password.

      Today I read about this on the Linkstation wiki forums:

      I managed to lock myself out of the web interface. How can I fix this?
      Delete /www/.htpasswd and /www/cgi-bin/.htpasswd. The LinkStation will
      automatically regenerate the appropriate files.

      but when I tried it, now I directly get an "error 500" when I try to
      access the web interface.

      Can anyone help me out here? Thanks.