linkstation + twonkyvision + Siemens M740AV

  • jensbrenner79
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2006
      Hello!

      I am new to the group and yesterday received my brand new gigabit
      linkstation 300GB. At the moment, I use the standard firmware,
      everything works fine. Besides the linkstation, my network consists of
      the following devices:

      - netgear gigabit switch
      - desktop pc
      - notebook
      - dsl router
      - siemens gigaset m740av (
      http://gigaset.siemens.com/shc/0,1935,hq_en_0_76522_rArNrNrNrN,00.html )

      The siemens device is connected to my tv and can be used to watch tv.

      I would like to realize, that I can watch my media on the linkstation,
      as well as watch television programs on each computer on the network.
      My research now tells me, that I can realize this by installing
      twonkyvision ( http://www.twonkyvision.de/UPnP/nas.html ).
      I also found, that the needed firmware can be found here:
      http://linkstationwiki.org/

      What do I have to keep in mind, what are the risks, has anyone a step
      by step solution for beginners, as I have no linux experience? Thanks
      a lot!
      Jens