Re: What changes between Firmware 2.00 and 2.05

  • cherrytreeproduction
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2006
      look here....

      http://linkstationwiki.org/downloads/stock_firmware/

      as you might notice there are 5 different types of linkstations....

      1) HD-HLAN with Firmware 1.xx....it is often called the Linkstation 1
      (ppc)
      2) HD-HLAN with Firmware 2.xx.... it is called Linkstation 2(MIPS)

      3) HD-HGLAN with Firmware 1.xx (you have one)....it is called the
      Gigabit Linkstation (ppc)

      4) Kurobox and Kurobox HG.....this is the version for advanced
      users...but the administrative Interface for it is not as intuitive as
      the Linkstations webinterface....but you can compile your own apps
      with it out of the box

      5) so...and there is a new type of linkstation....the number five at
      the moment, it is brandnew. the HS-DGL, which is indeed the same
      Hardware as the HG-HLAN but has a slightly different software on it
      (which supports uPNP...the Mediabolic Software)...there is no software
      at the download section at the moment...i don`t know what the
      HD-HTGL-Firmware is for...but i don`t think it is for the HS-DGL....
      http://www.buffalo-technology.de/products/category-detail.php?categoryid=16

      For the first three Types there are telnet enabled firmwares available
      at http://linkstationwiki.org/downloads/ ....the telnet enabled
      firmwares are named "openlink", as they "open" the possibilities the
      user can use the linkstation for....if you install the developement
      tools you are even able to compile various apps for them.

      on the kurobox you can do that with the stock firmware....and for the
      HS-DGL i just recieved a version that has at least telnet included...i
      will make this one available soon....it was created and tested by a
      user who owns a HS-DGL and built in the utelnetd on its own...

      i hope i could prevent you from desperately trying to update the wrong
      firmware on your HG-Linkstation.

      www.linkstationwiki.org <- look here...it is worth doing it....

      -- regards
      -- mindbender