What changes between Firmware 2.00 and 2.05

  • patrick_ip11
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2006
      I have just bought a Linkstation (250MB) and it has the 2.00 Firmware
      on it. Are there any significant differences, improvements or bug
      fixes in the 2.05 Firmware?
    • Scott Griswold
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 30, 2006
        Did you buy the Gigabit version? I have the HD-250HGLAN which only
        had v1.42 firmware, is this the latest version for this model?>
        -Scott

        On Mar 30, 2006, at 12:59 PM, patrick_ip11 wrote:

        > I have just bought a Linkstation (250MB) and it has the 2.00 Firmware
        > on it. Are there any significant differences, improvements or bug
        > fixes in the 2.05 Firmware?

      • cherrytreeproduction
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 30, 2006
          look here....

          http://linkstationwiki.org/downloads/stock_firmware/

          as you might notice there are 5 different types of linkstations....

          1) HD-HLAN with Firmware 1.xx....it is often called the Linkstation 1
          (ppc)
          2) HD-HLAN with Firmware 2.xx.... it is called Linkstation 2(MIPS)

          3) HD-HGLAN with Firmware 1.xx (you have one)....it is called the
          Gigabit Linkstation (ppc)

          4) Kurobox and Kurobox HG.....this is the version for advanced
          users...but the administrative Interface for it is not as intuitive as
          the Linkstations webinterface....but you can compile your own apps
          with it out of the box

          5) so...and there is a new type of linkstation....the number five at
          the moment, it is brandnew. the HS-DGL, which is indeed the same
          Hardware as the HG-HLAN but has a slightly different software on it
          (which supports uPNP...the Mediabolic Software)...there is no software
          at the download section at the moment...i don`t know what the
          HD-HTGL-Firmware is for...but i don`t think it is for the HS-DGL....
          http://www.buffalo-technology.de/products/category-detail.php?categoryid=16

          For the first three Types there are telnet enabled firmwares available
          at http://linkstationwiki.org/downloads/ ....the telnet enabled
          firmwares are named "openlink", as they "open" the possibilities the
          user can use the linkstation for....if you install the developement
          tools you are even able to compile various apps for them.

          on the kurobox you can do that with the stock firmware....and for the
          HS-DGL i just recieved a version that has at least telnet included...i
          will make this one available soon....it was created and tested by a
          user who owns a HS-DGL and built in the utelnetd on its own...

          i hope i could prevent you from desperately trying to update the wrong
          firmware on your HG-Linkstation.

          www.linkstationwiki.org <- look here...it is worth doing it....

          -- regards
          -- mindbender