Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: DHCP Failed - ACT/LINK light flickering

  • griz@hitchhiker.org
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 27, 2006
      Yes, I understand what you are saying. I did assign the static IP via the
      web based admin tool for the LS. Still nothing on the WRT54g. I have
      tested it on my vonage box which is also a router. Works fine but still it
      will not assign an IP via DHCP. (Not a real issue, but I don't like it
      when brand new things don't work as promised).
      However, all my other devices work on my WRT. Seems to be an
      incompatibility with the LS. ONe of my coworkers suspects the
      autonegotiation of the x-over cable. So I am going to try connecting it
      with a x-over cable rather than the supplied cable.
      If this doesn't work. I'll be shipping it back to Newegg for replacement.
      If that one still has the same issue, I will be replacing the WRT54g or
      perhaps hacking the firmware first as a last ditch effort.
      -Scott